Monday, February 14, 2011

#130: Rocco's

Yes, it is Valentine's Day. If you're still looking for something to do, check out Downtown South Bend's impressive line-up of discounts, activities, and interesting events here. South Bend, as they might say, loves you.

But now that that's out of the way, I want to focus on one of South Bend's perennial favorites; a restaurant that is consistently great any day of the year. I'm talking about Rocco's of course. South Bend has been given an abundances of riches of the pizza variety (all lined up for subsequent posts), and everyone has their favorite. Mine is Rocco's.


I'm unfortunately not a deep-dish pizza fan which is why Rocco's thin, crusty slices are pretty much perfect. I prefer the classic pepperoni, but they offer a wide variety of toppings in addition to pasta dishes and some pretty great salads. The biggest selling point for Rocco's however has to be the owners and their fantastic service. Many of the restaurants and stores we feature here have great, friendly service but Rocco's really goes above and beyond. Every time I've eaten here, Warren, the owner, has stopped by my table to ask how the food and the evening were going. They were, of course, going great but sometimes it's just genuinely nice to be asked. Combine that service with the quality of the food and you've got my pizzeria winner.

Location: 537 North Saint Louis (574-233-2464)

Hours: Tues-Thurs, 5:00pm-11:00pm     Fri-Sat, 5:00pm-1:00am

Tip #1: Learn about Rocco's backstory as the first pizza place in South Bend here.

Tip #2: Give me a tip! I need to branch out, so what's your favorite thing to order at Rocco's?

No comments:

Post a Comment